OMS Major Event Workshop
|Training Facility & Date||Available Seats||Cost|
Myrtle Beach, SC
August 22, 2023 to August 24, 2023
A workshop that will be focused on handling major events using Milsoft's DisSPatch OMS system including a limited discussion of Milsoft's IVR and the integration between the two. Maximizing DisSPatch OMS with other integrations for major events.
This workshop is designed for experienced DisSPatch operators and supervisors responsible for managing DisSPatch and the IVR. The workshop will focus on DisSPatch including a review of core functions, advanced functions, and your IVR's integration and its role during a major event.
Unlike previous training events, a simulation engine will provide a major event's “real feel” using actual call/outage data from a utility and its electrical model.
Classes will run from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. each day. Morning and afternoon breaks are provided, and lunch will be on your own. Milsoft staff members will be available for questions and answers.
Operating DisSPatch with Major Events
- Open forum and discussion encouraged from attendees
- OMS pre-storm checks and considerations
- IVR checks and considerations if applicable
- Post-storm – what, when, where, & who
- Core concepts and functionality
- Interaction with Milsoft’s or other vendor's IVR system
- Navigating a full DisSPatch map
- Outage verification methods and their effects
- Putting Assessments & Notes to the fullest use
- Temp operations – Back feeds, partial restorations, temp switching
- Storm Mode
- Advanced overview
- Inform messages and notifications
- Interactions with DisSPatch
Best Practices – Open Forum – synergistic learning
- Pre-storm readiness
- DisSPatch & IVR checks and changes
- Best practices
- Post-storm reporting
Hotel info coming soon!